also adapted from Closet Cooking and Hama Hama Co.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature or melted
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 12 oysters on the half shell (we recommend Hama Hama Block B's)
- 1/2 C pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Mix the butter, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne and parsley and set aside.
Place the oysters on a preheated 350F grill, let cook until the juice start to bubble, spoon in about 1 Tbsp of the butter mixture onto each oyster, sprinkle on the cheese and cook until the cheese is golden brown.
Sprinkle on the parsley and serve immediately with extra butter, lemon wedges, hot sauce and bread.
Note: If it's too cold to head outside and use the grill, broil them in your oven. Place the oysters on a baking sheet, spoon in a tablespoon of the butter mixture into each oyster, top with the cheese and bake in a preheated 400F oven until the juices start to bubble, about 5 minutes, turn the oven up to broil and broil until the cheese is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.