Rustic Peach Salsa with Farm Fresh IngredientsRead More
from Diet Taste
- 2 tsp sunflower oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp rice wine (or white wine)
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- salt, ground black pepper
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
In a large pan, cook cabbage in oil about 2 minutes. Add water and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
Add the soy sauce, rice wine and brown sugar. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir well and cook for about 1 minute more. The cabbage should still remain crisp-tender.
Serve drizzled with sesame oil and sprinkled with chopped chives (optional).
- stalks of fresh rhubarb, as many as desired
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
Wash and cut the rhubarb stalks into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Lay in a low edged baking pan or tray and sprinkle with sugar, more or less as desired.
Bake in center of the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until sugar has melted and rhubarb is tender. Serve with ice cream, pound cake or anything you like!